To empower students in grades 6-12 to learn through self-directed, experiential and interest
We provide a safe learning environment where all ideas are valued and respected. We provide
experts, materials and technology to meet the educational needs of all students, regardless of
ethnicity, learning abilities, income and religious beliefs. We provide an opportunity for students
and their families to engage in a personalized, safe and challenging middle and high school
Affordable, engaging education for everyone.
1. Respect the beliefs, philosophies, methods and boundaries of all families in our
2. Strive to be financially accessible to all local families.
3. Recognize that every student is an individual with unique learning styles and goals.
4. Collaborate to create a safe, caring, challenging learning environment.
5. Provide experiences and opportunities that enable students to reach their full potential.
1. Curriculum should meet the needs of preparing the students for success in a
complicated society by developing critical thinking, organizational capacity, social
awareness and community responsibility.
2. Students should be treated as consumers of education, provided with a variety of
opportunities and scaffolded as necessary.
3. Families play an important role in a student’s education. School should be a partnership
between students, parents and teachers.
4. Self-directedness is a skill that should be cultivated in students by allowing them to
misallocate time, fail at projects and miss opportunities. Parents and teachers should
help students to understand the natural consequences of their choices in order to help
them grow as independent, self-directed people.